spoon

Aug 14, 2009

Crockpot brisket!

This meal took me a total of 15 minutes to prepare. As I’ve said before, Thursday is the busiest day of the week for us so on Thursday morning, I broke out the crock pot, sprinkled some “Grill Mates: Garlic & Onion Medley” into the bottom, placed almost two pounds of whole uncooked brisket inside, sprinkled some more Grill mates and drizzled about ¼ cup of KC Masterpiece Original BBQ sauce - on top, then popped the lid on and set it on low for 6 hours.

Here's what it looked like after 6 hours:


Then at dinner time I pulled out some frozen stir-fry veggies, (which inlcuded broccoli, red & green pepper, carrots, onions, and water chestnuts) added some frozen green beans and a little frozen corn PLUS some kecap manis. If you’ve never had kecap manis, it is sweet and smoky and soooo good in stir-fry, even as a barbeque sauce. You can get it at your local Asian food market and it’s pretty inexpensive too.

Here was the final result. The brisket was juicy and tender and the veggies were oh-so good!

I hope you'll get to try this. It's great for mom's on the run and for busy, busy people who need to eat on the run:)

Have a great, great, great Friday!!

Tomorow/this weekend: Beef Bourguignon in honor of Julia Child :)

1 comment:

Max02 said...

It was SO good.

I have to admit, I am spoiled! I love food and I love that you love food and that you also love making food you love for me, the man you love.

Yeah, spoiled.

I really, really, REALLY liked the kacep manis!

I love you