spoon

Sep 15, 2009

Marvelous Monday : Baby Back Ribs, Seasoned corn & Coleslaw


Baby Back Ribs, Seasoned corn & Coleslaw


I made two different flavored racks of ribs. The Pork Loin Back Ribs were on sale so I decided that it wasn’t going to hurt anyone…definitely not our stomachs anyway…LOL! I made a regular flavored BBQ rack and a spicy, sweet apricot BBQ glaze rack that I made myself.


Spicy, Sweet Apricot BBQ Glaze



  • ¼ cup Polander Sugar-Free Apricot preserves
  • ¼ cup KC Masterpiece original BBQ sauce
  • 1 tsp chili powder
  • 1 Tbsp Cumin powder
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 tsp garlic red pepper sauce (found in the international aisle)
  • Salt & pepper

Mix spices with the apricot preserves. Then add the BBQ sauce. Mix well.
Set aside at room temperature so that the flavors have some time to meld until your ribs are ready.

So, I started the ribs this afternoon when I got home from work. I unwrapped them, removed the membrane from the back and rubbed them down with a porkrub by McCormick, wrapped them in foil and put them in the fridge for 4 ½ hours. (We had an appointment with the Chiropractor so the time was perfect)

Got home and put an empty baking sheet in the oven and heated to 400 degrees.

Then, I placed the foil covered ribs on the HOT baking sheet in the oven concave side up for 1 hour.


I flipped the foil packets over for the 2nd hour. After the second hour I pulled the baking sheet out of the oven and cut open the foil and spread it open so that I could see the meaty part of the ribs all the way across.


Rack of Ribs 1—poured BBQ sauce on and spread evenly across the entire rack
Rack of Ribs 2—spooned over the Spicy, Sweet Apricot BBQ glaze and spread evenly

Then I placed the baking sheet back in the oven.
BROIL for 8-10 minutes.




The rest of the meal was easy and I set-up to get all of it started when I put the ribs into BROIL.
I opened a can of corn heated and seasoned with paprika, 1 Tbsp of "I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter", salt and pepper and a Garlic Onion medley.

The coleslaw was even easier!

I opened a bag of already washed and ready to serve coleslaw. I added 15 cherry tomatoes sliced in half and some salt and pepper.

Then in a small bowl I mixed 3 Tbsp of EVOO with 3 Tbsp of Lemon Juice, salt and pepper. Then I poured this over the coleslaw and tossed. (Don’t add the vinaigrette until you are ready to eat or it will start to cook the coleslaw pretty bad because of the lemon.




Voila!

No comments: