spoon

Apr 20, 2010

Migas for breakfast

Migas! Oh how I love MIGAS! I haven't had eggs for breakfast in awhile but on Sunday night I made fish tacos for dinner which left me with about 7 fresh corn tortillas that needed to be eaten up. After dinner, the Mr said, "I want migas for breakfast" because he saw the leftover tortillas. I had already thought of it and told him and we both laughed. Those aresome of my favorite moments!

For those of you who don't know what migas are let me explain. It is sautéed corn tortillas with scrambled eggs. Everyone makes them different so as for what else to add to them, I'll tell you what I put in them.


6 corn tortillas (sliced up however you want)

1 ½ cups of egg substitute

1 roma tomato (seeded & diced)

1/4 red onion diced

2 Tbsp of Smart Balance butter

EVOO


In a sauté pan, heat enough EVOO to cover the bottom of the pan on medium heat. Toss in the tortillas and cook until every piece of tortillas is covered in a little EVOO. Then add the butter and onions and cook until onions are translucent. Add the tomato and stir, then pour in the egg substitute and cook theggs completely. Careful not to fry them.

Serv'em up!




Sorry about the paper plate, it's just easier these days! :)

~Mrs Galvan~

1 comment:

Max02 said...

I love you, baby. I thought it was hilarious that we were thinking on the same wavelength again, lol.

The migas were delicious! I can't believe we hadn't had them in over a year. What kind of Mexicans are we ;0)

The Mr